The opening times and prices of the monuments are set by each establishment.
This church is of Romanesque origin and was completely refurbished in Gothic style with unquestionable Renaissance influences at the beginning of the 16th century.
The north front has an outstanding brick tower that was raised at the end of the 17th century. The main front follows the usual late-Gothic style and is separated by archivolts decorated with spheres and flowers, which are very typical in Ávila. The large central nave is covered with a star-shaped groined vault; there are chapels built in later styles on each side with details that correspond to the Herrerian style of architecture.
Its importance during the Middle Ages can be seen in the fact that the leading lineages of Ávila preferred this parish church and in the fact that the atrium, which faced what is today the Mercado Chico, was used as the meeting place for the town’s council. On 4 April 1515, Teresa de Cepeda y Ahumada was baptised in the Gothic font (15th century) of the church, which can still be seen today.
It was designated a National Monument in 1983.