Palace of Núñez Vela
The opening times and prices of the monuments are set by each establishment
Built inside the walls on the southern face, its construction was ordered by Blasco Núñez Vela, first Viceroy of Peru, around 1541. It was completed in Renaissance style.
The front was built in granite ashlar work and the door is a semi-circular arch with large voussoirs. Like the windows, the entrance is framed by thin, plain columns finished off with the family’s coats of arms and candelabrum reliefs.
The central porticoed courtyard is lintelled and has a double gallery with Doric columns and capitals with bases; the upper gallery has an elegant balustrade.
In 1941, it was used as the Provincial Courthouse, which is also its function today.