The opening times and prices of the monuments are set by each establishment
This church has one single nave and is built on to the Franciscan convent of the same name. It was constructed to the east of the town between 1579 and 1583 under the patronage of Rodrigo del Águila, servant of the Empress María. In keeping with Herrerian style, it is very austere.
Owing to a number of crises and the austerity of the order, the decoration of the church was not completed until halfway through the 18th century.
The original building was extended in 1957 and the modern-day transept was added. The original convent was demolished in 1977 and today’s building was erected on the same site.